Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Ministry/Career Update

Hey everybody, got some news to update you all with. Sherry and I have been spending ample time in prayer and we want to let you know the result.  As you know I am in the EMT/Fire Academy (which as I type this, the EMT portion is coming to a close as my finals are today and tomorrow.  Fire will begin the following week). I have known, as I have always tried to be transparent about, that my time as the Youth Pastor at Radius would come to an official close at some point as I pursue a career in firefighting.  That time has come.  As of now I am passing my role of Youth Pastor on to Sherry Rodgers. One other thing to keep in mind, again I have said all along, is that I am not leaving the youth ministry.  I still intend to be present and involved on Wednesday nights as much as my schedule will allow.  

During this time of transition Sherry and I have come to a mutual decision to swap our roles within the church.  I will be taking on the role of worship leader on Sunday mornings as she takes leadership of the youth group.  This is a prayer well covered territory as we are both excited to head more in the direction we feel called to. 

Looking forward to this adventure with you all.  See you soon. 

No comments: